Great storage idea for all your threads and tinels.
The one and only, original fluorescent tying floss.
25 yard spools.
The finest of the Veniard range. A single ply thread, lightly waxed and very strong. Flies can be securely finished with no build up at all. Perfect for all your small patterns.
100 yards in length.
Engineered specifically for fly tying. Available in 4 sizes to meet every fly tying need
Even the spool was designed for fly tying .Carefully developed to enhance tying performace
Ultra Thread has been engineered as a fly tying thread from the beginning. It is not an "off the shelf" thread as are many others. All of Ultra Thread's characteristics were carefully chosen to enhance its tying performance. Here are a few of the thread characteristics that make Ultra Thread ideal for fly tying:
(1) Wapsi chose nylon over polyester because nylon will stretch and grip materials better. This allows for more uniform tension and gives the tyer the "feel" for maximum tension. Nylon is the same strength as polyester (given the same denier) and offers the added benefit of more intense colors and a larger range of colors. Because nylon stretches, it grips material tighter and makes the fly more durable.
(2) The thread is flat with only the minimum number of twists needed for production. This is important because the number of twists in the thread determines how flat it can be wrapped on the hook. The flatter the thread is wrapped, the more slowly it builds up. This is a huge advantage when tying small flies or when tying close to the eye of the hook. A flat thread also grips and covers materials with fewer thread wraps.
(3) Ultra Thread has been lightly waxed. This also limits thread build up and gives the thread a smoother, slicker feel. The added benefit is that head cement fully penetrates the thread which equals more durable flies.
(4) Ultra Thread is a multifilament thread that is not bonded. Bonded threads are oval in shape and are stiff or coarse feeling. Bonded threads also build up fast which is a significant concern when tying small flies. Since Ultra Thread is not bonded, it is the best choice for split thread tying techniques.
(5) The spools are sized and designed to turn smoothly on standard bobbins. Each spool has a color coded end cap for product identification and to secure the tag end of the thread. In our opinion the best thread made deserves to be spooled on the best spool.
(6) There are 4 different denier threads in a uniform progression of size and strength to meet every fly tyers needs.
How thread is sized
Denier is the textile industry's measuring standard for filament size. To measure a thread's denier, 9,000 meters of the thread are weighed. If the weight (calculated mass) of the thread is 140 grams, then that thread is considered a 140 denier thread. Using this system it is easy to understand that a 280 denier thread is twice the mass of a 140 thread and, thus, is larger in diameter and stronger. We are confident that all fly tying thread manufacturers and distributors will soon classify all of their thread in this manner.
Currently most fly thread brands uses the "0" (Aught) system. In this system the larger the number in front of the "0" the smaller the thread. For instance 8/0 thread is thinner than 6/0 thread. This numbering system is totally arbitrary and varies widely between the manufacturers. When comparing threads of different brands, we suggest you do not use the Aught system because the only accurate way to compare sizes of threads is by denier.
| || |
| || |
6/0 All-Round Tying Thread . 50yd Spool. and 200yd Spool (black only) pre waxed tying thread. This is our biggest selling thread. Pre-waxed for convenience.
8/0 Super Midge Tying Thread . 50yd Spool. and 200yd Spool (black only) pre waxed tying thread. This is our biggest selling thread. Pre-waxed for convenience.
Specifically for large saltwater, pike flies and other tying applications that require strong easily handled thread.
100 yard spools
UNi Glo Yarn. 600 Denier white phosphorescent floss, with advanced technology this material will glow brighter for longer. Perfect for Klinkhammer posts and even better for Shipmans / Buzzer patterns.
15 yard spools.
Super quality,single strand floss. A blend of Rayon and Nylon. Strong and shiny.
15 yard spools.
For use with hooks smaller than size 20. This extra fine polyester thread is amaxingly strong for it's diameter.
Perfect for your micro patterns.
200 yard Spools
Useful for saltwater patterns, disappears when touched with head cement or superglue. Clear.
Fine 200 yard spool
Medium 100 yard spool